Bryan did not get the job in Oregon. Wah. He immediately (after months of urging from his ever attentive, paranoid, grocery budgeting wife)went to LDS Employment Services down in Independence. His reluctance was well founded as they have been thoroughly unhelpful to professionals in the past. However, much has changed and Bryan has been getting excellent assistance from three very well informed and capable businessman missionaries on all aspects of the job search.
He has been very busy since, creating new resumes and job hunting. He has also gotten a couple construction jobs in the area to pay the bills.
The house we own in town is about to be SOLD. That hopefully will be completed by the end of the month.
All in All things are looking up and we are hopeful that he will have a job offer somewhere withing the next couple of months.
I am beginning to go into my annual crazy mode of preparing for the new school year. The feelings of panic are magnified by the fact that we have a HIGH SCHOOLER!!!!
I have had much much help with the planning through HSLDA.org and BYU independent Study. Our grand plan is to prepare our children for admittance into BYU. Even if they don't go, they have to be capable of going or they will be shot!
This year as Jacob begins 9th grade, Jolie will move to 8th, Aliyah is in 6th, Joseph in 4th, Sarah is a very excited 2nd grader, Emilie is in official kindergarten (though she has been doing Kindergarten work since her birthday) and Gideon is excited to be truly starting Pre-school!
So far I have decided to use Five in A Row as a basic curriculum for the three little ones. It is alot of fun. We will be gathering all kinds of things for the older kids but hope to follow the principles found in Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver DeMille. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!
Have a happy summer!
4 comments:
So my baby is still in the womb, but I've already started wondering about home schooling. Substitute teaching in the LA Unified School District has made me appalled with public education. Thanks for the great tips and expect more questions from me in a few years.
Here's to a great job in Bryan's future!
Thanks for the update Sash! I'm sorry that Bryan didn't get the job in Oregon but something will turn up. I hope the house sells and everything goes well with that...that would be a relief I'm sure. Oh, and I can't believe how old Jake's getting!
Thanks for letting me know what your doing this year, and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm (for everything!)
Love ya sis.
It's a bummer about the job, but hopefully that just means something better will come up and you can stay in your house!
Post a Comment