Wilford Woodruff, the great latter day historian, would be quite disappointed that I have failed to chronicle the interesting happenings of the last month and a half. But all I can do is strive to do better.
know I say this every post it seems but we have been working harder than we ever have on any house!
Since March we have completely finished the kitchen, all the tile, a new bathroom, changed a bedroom to a library, created a pantry,installed new interior doors,trim, flooring, caulking, painting. Bryan has spent several days in the roasting hot attic running new wiring and rearranging the old. We now have electricity almost everywhere! He and Jake spent two days drywalling a new bedroom and most of the new basement walls.
During all this the lawn mower broke three or four times. The main sink faucet in the kitchen began leaking at weird unexplainable intervals, and I just had to change the kitchen color from red to a much more lighthearted green.
The motivation for the non-stop painting and fixing and building and fixing and fixing is this, One of three things will happen in our future.
One, Bryan will get an amazing job here and will not be around again to fix my house and I will go crazy and be unable to adequately home school my children or cook good nutritious meals. (Bryan knows that if I don't have a pretty kitchen, he'll have to do the cooking.)
Two,Bryan will get an amazing job elsewhere and we will have to sell our house and it will need to be done for that to happen.
Three,(which is not really an option and we hope Heavenly Father has much more pleasant plans in store for us)There will be no job and we will lose everything we own including the beautiful house and we will all live together in a cardboard box (where Bryan will do the cooking.)
So far, it looks like option two might be the most likely. Bry has been interviewing with MasterBrand Cabinets in Grants Pass, Oregon. He will be flying out to have a final interview this Thursday. I will withhold comments on our opinions of living in that beautiful gorgeous heaven on earth to spare the feelings of our friends and family who might be reading this post in agony over the thought of our leaving them.
We probably will not know about the job until the end of next week.
We are living by faith that God has great things in store for our family. He has never let us down before.
7 comments:
Thanks for the update, Sash! We hope everything works out job wise. We're thinking of you!
Where are the pictures of all this work, I want to see!!
And I can't wait to hear about the job. I really hope something works out soon for you guys!!
Love you!
All I can say is THANKS!
Thanks for being THE best friend I have ever had.
Thanks
For setting a fine example of love, nurturing, patience, forgiveness, dedication to the Lord & your family...
The list goes on
and on
and on
THANKS for being there for me regardless if I deserve it or not.
Thanks for helping me cope. with. ALL MY STUFF.
Thanks.
I LOVE YOU like a sister.
A&F
D.
I think I'll tell Mark that I can't cook in my kitchen until it is "Sasha-Style amazing".
We wish you the very best. I'm already mostly gone, so I miss you already. If you stay, HOORAY! If you go, HOORAY for you and, hey, we needed someone to visit in Oregon! :) Keep us posted.
Oregon is beautiful, I was just getting to know you!
Any word on the new job in Oregon??????????
Post a Comment